Learning Objectives Covered:
Define and describe the six factors of a strategic plan.
Discuss how to create an advertising plan.
What is the difference between an advertising plan and an integrated marketing communication (IMC) plan? If you were to outline both documents you would see essentially the same six sections or factors in both documents. The following outline of an IMC campaign comes from Advertising & IMC: Principles and Practices (Moriarty et al., 2014, p. 535)
SWOTs: strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats
Key communication problem(s) to be solved
Key Strategic Campaign Decisions
Targeting and engaging stakeholders
Brand positioning strategy
Platforms and objectives
Key consumer and brand relationship insights
IMC Media and Contact Points
Multimedia and multichannel
Contact points, touch points, and critical touch points
Management and Campaign Controls
Evaluation of effectiveness
The difference between the two is in scope. An IMC plan is broad in scope and attempts to coordinate many different types of communication activities such as advertising, public relations, sales promotions, sponsorship, direct marketing, social media, etc. An advertising plan is narrow in scope and handles just one activity type, advertising. An advertising plan could be created to accomplish the goals and direction that are given within the bigger IMC plan.
Moriarty, S., Mitchell, N., & Wells, W. D. (2014). Advertising & IMC: Principles and Practice (10th ed.). Pearson Higher Ed.
Based on the information you have read this week regarding IMC campaign planning (see the Course Media page), write a 600 word paper. In it you will discuss each of the six steps found in an advertising or IMC plan. You must cite at least two references in IWG format.
Please proceed to the remaining items for week four when you are ready:
- The Importance of Considering the Level of Protection Desired When Determining Spare Part Quantities
- The Impact of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/Electronic Commerce (EC) on Logistics and System Support
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.