Need both Power point slides with talking point and 3 page paper.
MBA 310 – Final Project – CSR Analysis
British Petroleum Oil
Final Project Objective: The objective of this group project is to apply the content from this course to evaluate the relationship between how well a public company balances between the non-economic market and social forces with its responsibility to generate a profit and sustain its long term growth objectives.
Using BPO Deepwater Horizon Spill
Executive Summary (2-4 slides)
The corporation and its relationship to society and stakeholders. What is the corporations relationship with society? How does it create value to society? Who are the stakeholders and what approach does the corporation utilize to engage its stakeholders? How successful is the approach and what are the key stakeholder issues? What is the companys labor practice? How well does the company treat its customers?
Define the scope of what the report will touch on
List the related topics that we dont plan to go into
CSR Issues (principal findings) (2-4 slides)
Corporate social responsibility (CSR). How socially responsible is the corporation in conducting its business? How does the company measure its CSR performance? What ethical practices do the corporation and its employees follow? How effective is its corporate governance?
The acute issue for the company are lots negative media scrutiny thanks to the oil spill
This is on top of ongoing PR issues because they are largely a fossil fuel company
What changes can be made to the standard industry process regarding oil rigs?
What role does BP play in changing these practices
Why didnt BP for see that the process for reporting maintenance issues didnt translate to an immediate response from upper management?
Challenges because of a changing energy regulatory climate globally
Decisions regarding compliance versus lobbying for lighter regulations
What role do these oil companies play to mitigate the effects of climate change?
BP is investing in sustainable energy alternatives (is this largely a PR stunt?)
What are the problems with plastics products?.
Recommendations (2-4 slides)
Business and government relationship. What role does the company play in shaping government regulations? Is it for the betterment of the society or is it for the benefit of the company? What is the companys lobbying practice? How does it compare with its industry peers?
Business ethics. How ethically does the company perform in its supply chain practices/global business competition? How ethically does the company use its technology?
Conclusions (2-4 slides)
Conclusions. After analyzing the company based on the above criteria, what conclusion do you and your team form of the performance of your chosen company and what would you recommend for the company to do going forward?
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.