VETERINARY COMPUTER SOFTWARE More veterinary clinics and hospitals are now using computers for day-to-day operations, and computer software companies are continuously developing and upgrading programs for use in veterinary medicine. Knowledge of computers and computer software is becoming necessary for all hospital staff: the receptionists, hospital and office managers, the veterinarians, vet technicians, assistants, and kennel workers. Computers and specialized veterinary management software can improve efficiency by keeping up with inventory, printing labels and certificates, performing accounting, storing patient files, and so on. Youll research three (3) different brands of veterinary man- agement software. Compare and contrast these brands and write a research paper that includes, but isnt limited to, the following information: 1. Names of the three brands of software that youve chosen and a brief description of each of them 2. Information about the companies who make the software 3. Pros and cons of each software packageWhat does each program do or not do? 4. How are technical support issues handled? 5. Discuss what kind of contingency plan each company has to handle system failure/recovery 6. Is installation of the server and other hardware provided? 7. Are updates to software automatic, or do they need to be requested? 8. Include office functions, like reminders, accounting, billing, inventory control, and so on 9. Is the system able to import lab results directly from the laboratory into the medical record? 10. If describing a cloud-based software system, youre still required to provide all of the information above as it relates to the cloud-based system. 2 Veterinary Office Management Research Project PAPER 2: INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION Veterinary technicians are inundated with questions every day. These questions come from clients and coworkers. Because of this, veterinary technicians need to be good listeners and good communicators. In your own words, describe techniques for being a good listener. What would you do to clarify what a client or coworker is saying to you? Also, describe some ways that you can communicate so that a client or coworker will listen to and fully understand what youre saying. Give examples that relate to dealing with clients/coworkers in a hospital setting: discharging a surgical patient, euthanasia, and so on. Be sure to include Body language Nonverbal communication/gestures (including some possible cultural differences that might arise) Paraphrasing Eye contact Discrimination and prejudices Patient records/handouts and brochures Any other pertinent information you can think of PROJECT SPECIFICATIONS 1. Use a word processing program, like Word, Word Perfect, or Open Office. The research papers must be typewritten. 2. Each title page should contain the following information: a. The Title: Veterinary Office Management Research Project b. Your name c. Your student number d. The date your project was submitted Veterinary Office Management Research Project 3. Each paper should be easy to read with appropriate font, double-spacing, correct spelling, grammar, and sentence and paragraph structure. You should use proper APA format for your reference citations. 4. Each research paper should include at least three refer- ences. The information must be supported by trusted veterinary medical publications and websites. You can use your Penn Foster Veterinary Office Management study units for assistance, but they shouldnt be your main source of data. Dont use sites like Wikipedia. 5. If you dont have prior experience writing research papers, the Penn Foster Library offers assistance in writing a research paper and citing references. 6. Plagiarism is taking any part of a published piece of work and using it as your own. This also applies to those sections where you might change the wording slightly or periodically interject personal comments. This also applies to sections in which whole paragraphs or pages were quoted from a source. Plagiarism is unacceptable at Penn Foster College. This is a reminder of the expecta- tion to which all Penn Foster College students are held. Per your Student Handbook, students are expected to conduct themselves with the higest academic and ethical standards. Failure to do so results in disciplinary action. Be sure you are properly citing your resources in APA format. More information about plagiarism, and properly citing in APA format, can be found in the Penn Foster Library, your Information Literacy Course, and your English Composition Course.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.