Develop a scholarly paper that connects the Wall of Silence by Gibson and Singh and addresses all four sections of the book using the following criteria: 1. Select and provide an overview of a patient-family account or experience from Gibson and Singh’s book and include the name and page number, describe the type of error and the underlying cause that occurred in the chosen patient-family account or experience, and compare one quality or safety initiative in existence now that could have prevented the error. 2. Discuss the role of the nurse in developing a culture of safety, explain two reasons why nurses fail to report errors, describe potential consequences to the nurse, patient, facility, and/or the organization associated with failure to report errors, and explain the importance of quality improvement (QI) process. 3. Describe the meaning of the culture of cover-up and consequences, explain one benefit of a voluntary reporting system for errors, and discuss how the information and data collected could be utilized for a QI project. 4. Compare safety and quality in healthcare with the aviation industry and provide one example. 5. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 5 to 7 pages excluding the title and reference page. 6. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper. Make sure to follow the directions on paper format on the attached document, including titles of level 1 and 2 headings and purpose statement. 7. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use we or I) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used. 8. Include a minimum of four professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old. Gibson and Singh should be cited and included as one of the four references. 9. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.