Students will submit a term/research paper that illustrates self-awareness and their understanding of the theoretical concepts of psychosocial and systems theory, social forces and social identities in human development. Each student must analyze his or her own behavior during middle childhood (6-12 years) OR early adolescence (12-18 years) in terms of the theoretical frameworks discussed in class and review of pertinent literature. This paper is expected to describe his or her management of each task in this stage and of the psychosocial crisis. Special attention must be given to the ways in which development was influenced by the family, small groups (peers) or organizations (church, school, scout, etc.) and by gender, race, socioeconomic status, and/or other specific social forces (unemployment, parent involvement in war effort, rural/urban residence, etc.).
All papers must be typed, double-spaced, and carefully edited, following APA format. The paper should be 7 to 9 pages in length and include documentation (use of articles from current journals). More than five (5) grammatical errors are unacceptable.
Use APA Manual (6th edition).
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.