Two major theses concerning Ottoman rule relate to the Empires origins (the ghazi thesis) and to its supposed peak (the decline thesis). Explore the basic arguments of these two approaches to Ottoman history and why they have endured for so long, then suggest an alternative story for thinking about the development of the Ottomans from the mid 13th century to the 17th. (Here, you could build on some of the themes we discussed in class but may not seem to be directly a part of the question outlinedrole of religion, architecture, gender, rebellions, insiders/outsiders, participatory politics, changes to the structure of power within and outside the palace walls, center/provincial relations, etc.) I have provided with all the sources that are necessary to write this essay. The sources in regards to the decline thesis are named as decline thesis ___, and the sources for the ghazi debate is named as ghazi
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.