Option 1 – Listen to the Glen Greenwald interview of NPR’s Dec. 22, 2017 podcast On the Media (https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/otm/segments/medias-trump-problem), and discuss what Greenwald is saying about journalism, specifically TV and cable news, using the readings and the Newswars documentary to make connections. Do these stories reflect bias, a commercial rush to publish/broadcast first, or a combination of both? How does the press role of watchdog fit in here? (must cite one of our texts but I will add this when the paper is finished!)
Option 2 – Listen to the 10-minute Here & Now NPR segment on the backlash to the Washington Post story about white workers in a predominantly Hispanic workplace. Discuss the reporter’s portrayal of the story versus that of the advocacy journalist from Latino Rebels. How does the story play from the latter’s point of view? What is the Post reporter’s argument? Is the reporter McCoy sympathizing with the white workers’ mindset, or merely describing it? How does the story fit in with the common perception that the mainstream media is too liberal? (You must cite at least one reading- I will add!)
Listen to both podcasts, post on one but respond to both in a manner that shows you listened to the other podcast as well. Leave yourself enough time for quality responses!
The Here & Now podcast is linked here (https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2018/08/13/white-workers-minority-washington-post).
- The Importance of Considering the Level of Protection Desired When Determining Spare Part Quantities
- The Impact of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/Electronic Commerce (EC) on Logistics and System Support
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.