For more than a decade, the US government has required that ethyl alcohol be added to gasoline. Many scientific and ethical issues are related to this practice. Automotive fuel must contain specific concentrations of ethanol, a renewable cellulosic biofuel. The intent was to reduce dependence on foreign oil and reduce environmentally harmful emissions. What is alcohol? Where does it come from? How is it produced? What is the annual consumption of ethanol as a fuel? Does it reduce harmful emissions? How does it affect our food chain? Who benefits from its use in fuels? Should we continue to burn ethanol as a fuel? Write a 2-3 page persuasive essay describing your thoughts on this issue. You must choose one side of this issue, (Is burning ethanol as a fuel good or bad?) Using the information learned in your own personal study, support your thesis. Provide authoritative sources for your information, describe the chemical reactions and products of burning ethanol, and cite research supporting your ideas. Persuade your readers to join you on your side of this issue. It is an opportunity for you to apply the concepts learned in our society and blend them with your own opinions. There is no right or wrong answer. organized expression of your ideas and how your support them are important aspects!
- The Importance of Considering the Level of Protection Desired When Determining Spare Part Quantities
- The Impact of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/Electronic Commerce (EC) on Logistics and System Support
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.