Topic : Iran and France to swap ambassadors after strained ties Sources Acceptable: Think Tank articles, Periodicals/Magazines, Newspaper Op-eds, Commentaries Not Acceptable: Blogs, Social Media Postings –Argumentative and analytical essay. Sample Procedure Step 1: Choose two articles online (preferably with contrasting views) >> Identify a localand a regional or international source on a topic of your choosing e.g.) Government-run Newspaper (Global New Light of Myanmar) and a regional (Asia Times) or an international source (New York Times). Sample Procedure (cont) Step 2: Analyze and flesh out your argument (thesis statement) What to comment on: Language/tone (Framing/major themes), the contrasting perspectives (what do they discuss?), Identify similarities and differences What NOT to do: summary of events (at most a short, one-paragraph synopsis in the introduction would be sufficient) Sample thesis statement (argument): The ongoing Rohingyarefugee crisis is centered on religious, sociopolitical and economic contentions. While the government-run newspaper focuses on X, international sources highlight Y. Structure of Essay Step 3: Create an outlineof your essay: INTRODUCTION Introduction: A brief synopsis of current events, Aims and objectives, Argument, Outline (Scope of analysis) In this essay, I argue that . This paper aims toThe first section of this essay examines Structure of Essay (Cont) Step 4: Create an outlineof your essay: BODY PARAGRAPHS Structuring the Body paragraphs: A: Point-by-Point* B: Similarities to differences (Compare and Contrast)* C: A B Synthesis of A+B. Structure of Essay (Cont) Step 5: Create an outlineof your essay: CONCLUSION Conclusion: Summarizing and restating your thesis (core argument) To conclude In conclusion,. General Suggestions Academic Tone (no colloquial language) No contractions (shouldnt should not) Avoid Unsubstantiated Claims Formatting(MLA, APA, Harvard or Chicago) Analytical & argumentative, not descriptive Do not provide a summary of the articles (except for a brief synopsis in the Intro.) Introduce thesis statement (argument) in the first paragraph Keep headings to a minimum.
- The Importance of Considering the Level of Protection Desired When Determining Spare Part Quantities
- The Impact of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/Electronic Commerce (EC) on Logistics and System Support
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.