MSc Emergency and Resuscitation Medicine Trauma Sciences 1. Contrast the characteristics of blunt vs penetrating trauma. Cite and appraise key papers that assess the epidemiology, pathophysiology, resuscitation and outcomes of these two disease groups. (50% marks). 2. Describe a blunt trauma case that you have been involved in based around the discussion points below. (50% marks) Discuss the approach for managing this case in the context of: a. the initial management strategies targeting the underlying pathology. Explain support your decisions based on current guidelines and published research. b. following from the initial assessment what steps did you take to individualise the care for this patient and why. Use published guidelines and research to justify and explain the interventions & medications that you chose. If you deviated from the guidelines justify this from published research. c. How was the trauma care framework & regional network utilised to optimise outcomes for your patient?
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.