Dynamic and interactive sessions for our conference delegates are critical to the success of the IB Education Festivals, and by sharing your ideas and taking an active role in delivering one of over 20 presentations during the festival, you can support the IB community, promote a better world through education and expand your network of education professionals.The opportunity to submit a conference presentation proposal for the IB African Education Festival in Johannesburg 2020 will close on 1 November 2019. We will respond to all applicants on or before 1 December 2019.Your submission will be reviewed by a committee using a set of criteria, including relevance to the theme of the conference, “Leading and Learning in the 21st Century”, presenter experience in the classroom, interactive engagement with the audience, and the connection to one of the conference’s strands identified below:o Inspire: ‘Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire’ – William Butler Yeats. What examples exist to maintain the fire needed to inspire students? As educators, how do we challenge ourselves to be more effective practitioners and inspire a lifelong quest for learning? In what ways can students, as well as educators, remain inspired while celebrating our common humanity and developing international mindedness?o Innovate: Rapid technological change requires schools to think, design, and plan their role in developing hubs of innovation and inspiring innovators. Being innovative involves an awareness of one’s environment and thinking creatively and critically about solving the world’s pressing challenges. How can we also create educational ecosystems that thrive within and beyond the confines of a classroom to foster a culture of innovation?o Integrate: How will schools adopt innovations in education to improve the educational experience? How will educational advances inform learning and what role will technology play? The 21st century requires students who are knowledgeable but also have a variety of skillsets that will prepare them for life. How can schools create opportunities to develop critical thinking, time management, intercultural understanding, emotional intelligence and empathy for students to succeed in our globalized, integrated and collaborative world?
- The Importance of Considering the Level of Protection Desired When Determining Spare Part Quantities
- The Impact of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/Electronic Commerce (EC) on Logistics and System Support
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.