This discussion revolves around the events covered in Amy Gilman Srebnick’s The Mysterious Death of Mary Rogers: Sex and Culture in Nineteenth-Century New York.
During the Market Revolution, women found greater freedom in the expanding cities than in rural and small-town America.
Drawing upon the narrative presented in Amy Gilman Srebnicks The Mysterious Death of Mary Rogers, identify two or three themes that support your side of the argument, and illustrate your analysis with examples from the book.
The debate will go through two phases:
For the first phase each member of your team will have posted a statement of 300-350 words, making the case for his or her side in the debate.
Affirmative position – During the Market Revolution, women found greater freedom in the expanding cities than in rural and small-town America.
Foner text, Give Me Liberty! An American History.
Foner text, Voices of Freedom: A Documentary History.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.