Critique of Quantitative Research1. Use the following guidelines to critique the research article provided. There is a distinct difference between critiquing and reporting. Make sure you critique and provide the analysis of “why” in your support. Refer to Chapter 18, pages 436 to 443, for specific critiquing questions. Guidelines are adapted from: Gray, J.R., Grove, S.K., & Sutherland, S. (2017). The practice of nursing research: Appraisal, synthesis, and generation of evidence (8th ed.). St Louis, MO: Elsevier, Inc.2. Prepare your paper using APA format 6th edition.3. No abstract is required.4. Page length should be no more than 4 pages, excluding title and reference pages.5. This is a formal paper. Follow closely the Grading Rubric for Written Assignment found in the Course Resources section of the course. Be sure to include an Introduction and Conclusion to the assignment.TITLE (3 points)Does the title represent the focus of the study?Abstract (3 points)Does the abstract summarize the purpose of the study and methodology and major study results and findings?INTRODUCTIONStatement of the Problem (5 points)Is the problem statement provided? Is it significant? Clear? Congruent with the purpose? Describes the background? Does is contain variables, the population, and setting?Purpose (3 points)Clearly stated? Addresses population, setting and variables?Literature Review (5 points)References current? Reviews previous studies and theories? Critically appraises and synthesizes the studies? Summarizes what is known and not known?Conceptual/Theoretical framework (5 points)Is the framework explicit or implicit? Based on tentative, substantive, or scientific theory? Identify, describe, define and describe relationships among variables or concepts? Presents a conceptual model/diagram? Links variables to concepts on the model/diagram?Research objectives, questions or hypotheses (5 points)Provides research objectives, questions or hypotheses? Appropriately worded?Consistent with framework, purpose, and problem?Variables (3 points)Are they clearly defined? Independent, dependent, or research variables? Reflective of the concepts identified in the framework? Is the operational definition congruent with the conceptual definition? Demographic variables identified? Extraneous variables identified and controlled?METHODOLOGYResearch Design (5 points)Is the design specific to the study? Examines hypotheses & questions? Logically linked to sampling method? Addresses threats to design validity? Does the framework explain links between variables? If a treatment or intervention is present is it clearly described?Protection of human subjects addressed? Institutional Review Board process and outcome?Sample and Setting (5 points)Sample size? Is it appropriate? Was a power analysis done for sample size? Is size sufficient to avoid a type II error? What sampling method was used specific to probability and non -probability? Inclusion & exclusion criteria described? Reflective of the population? Sample attrition?Threats to the setting as appropriate to the study described?Measurement (5 points)Selected measurements have name and author? Type and level of measurement appropriate? Reliability and validity? Minimized error? Explain instruments used and critique using Table 16-1 (p 371) and p. 438 as a guide.Data Collection (3 points)Is the process clearly described? Is it conducted in a consistent manner? Ethical? Any adverse events and were they managed well?RESULTSData Analysis and Findings (15 points)Are statistical procedures appropriate for the type of data collected? Clearly described? How was missing data explained or problems managed? Do analysis techniques address study purpose? Was there enough power for statistical results? Are results presented in an understandable way? Interpretation logical and consistent with framework?Were appropriate procedures used to describe the sample? List procedures. Was the alpha or level of significance identified? Provide specific results. Were tables appropriate?DISCUSSIONInterpretation (5 points)Findings summarized? Answered hypotheses or research questions? Limitations discussed? Did the author tie in the conceptual framework? Was external validity addressed particularly generalizability? Do conclusions fit the results from data analysis? Were findings linked to the framework?Implications (5 points)Were implications for nursing practice, education, research or science addressed? Were suggestions made for future research?EVALUATIONSummarize strengths and weaknesses of the study (5 points)Explain how the study contributes to nursing knowledge (5 points)APA, GRAMMAR, SPELLING, CONSTRUCTIVE WRITING (15 points)Graduate level writing should be concise, clear, and organized. Content should flow from paragraph to paragraph using proper transitions. Correct use of grammar, spelling, and punctuation will assist in this process. All graduate papers must be written using the APA 6th edition.The 2 sources used should be the article and the textbook (Gray, J.R., Grove, S.K., & Sutherland, S. (2017). The practice of nursing research: Appraisal, synthesis, and generation of evidence (8th ed.). St Louis, MO: Elsevier, Inc.)
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.