1.)Knowledge: Discuss Hobbes’s understanding of knowledge: How do we know things? What can we know? What does it mean to know? How does his approach to knowledge shape his treatise on government?2.)Hobbes’s social contract: What does Hobbes mean when he describes the Leviathan as an “artificial man”? How is this different than the understanding of the state in Aristotle?3.)Sovereignty: Hobbes thinks the sovereign is always better under all conditions. Is this true? What reasons (if any) does he give us to presume that we are better off under a sovereign, especially since the sovereign will also be a human being with the same tendencies that make it necessary for us to leave the state of nature in order to gain peace.4.)The state as our agent: Hobbes says the sovereign cannot oppress us because it is us. It is our agent. What does he mean? Why does he consider it necessary for us to alienate our will to the sovereign completely?5.)Natural authority: Does Hobbes think there is any natural authority in the state of nature? Does anyone have a natural right to power over anyone else? How does Hobbes’s perspective compare to that of Aristotle?6.)Things that weaken the commonwealth: In Chapter 29 Hobbes describes the things that weaken the commonwealth. Describe some of these things. Do you think Hobbes is right? What are the consequences of excluding them from political society?7.)Judging revolutionaries: What do you think Hobbes would say to Martin Luther King or Mandela? What would he say to the people who act in the name of ISIS?
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.