https://archive.attn.com/stories/2419/racism-in-american-criminal-justice-system https://www.sentencingproject.org/criminal-justice-facts/ https://www.sentencingproject.org/publications/incarcerated-women-and-girls/ https://www.pbs.org/video/2365235229/ https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/04/28/how-for-profit-prisons-have-become-the-biggest-lobby-no-one-is-talking-about/ https://drugwarfacts.org/chapter/drug_prison#sthash.xOeAlKmz.dpbs https://www.npr.org/2015/11/02/454051704/supreme-court-weighs-1987-conviction-by-all-white-jury https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/10/21/gun-homicides-steady-after-decline-in-90s-suicide-rate-edges-up/ https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/07/15/the-demographics-and-politics-of-gun-owning-households/ https://www.cnn.com/2014/01/13/us/california-homeless-beating-verdict/ The United States has the highest incarceration rates in the industrialized world. We incarcerate a larger percentage of our population than almost any other country. Think about it; are we really likely to have a higher percentage of criminals in our country than any other country in the world? Statistically that would be very unlikely. So what is it about our society that keeps putting so many people in prison? Several things have been happening over the past thirty years. We’ve seen a rise in for-profit prisons (that means they are making a profit on putting people in prison), a “war on drugs” (which puts more people in prison than any other crime), an increase in the incarceration of people, especially people of color, stiffer sentences for people convicted of all crimes, especially people of color, and a recession. Use your critical think skills to discuss the connection between all of these variables. Do you think there is a connection? If so how are they connected and why? Justify your answers and use references where appropriate.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.