Note: This exercise does not focus on RESULTS but STRATEGY!
You are hired by a company as a Project Manager. You were highly recommended for your ability to manage projects of all sizes with thoroughness and excellence!
Based on the company’s Mission Statement and general organizational structure, you will select an appropriate project that will result, if managed well, in an exponential increase in the company’s profitable revenue. You only have 6 months to accomplish this urgent assignment.
What project will you choose, how will you assign a Project Manager, how will you decide who will do what, what are the steps you will take to ensure success, what risks do you foresee, what resources are at your disposal and so forth.
You will turn in weekly reports showing that you fully understood and are able to incorporate each week’s topics into your assignment.
In week 4 you will write a two to four page report containing the learning you have acquired regarding project management and identify the qualities and management skills that an effective manager should have.
You are required to identify the departments that are accountable for the project. Create and turn in three (3) major reports:
Report 1 – Create a dedicated project team organizational chart showing the major dedicated departments (divisions) or responsible titled personnel in the project (Sample in Fig.3.2-3.3, pg.70-73).
Report 2 – Establish (Estimate) a Project timeline and Cost breakdown sheet for your project (Sample in Fig.5.1, pg.138). Sample estimate of cost includes direct costs such as labor, materials, equipment, and other, project overhead costs, and general and administrative overhead costs (see chapter 5, pg. 144).
Report 3- Create an Activity-on-node (AON) network diagram. (See figures 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, and 6.8 on pages 171-175.)
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.