Unit Two: Understanding the Needs, Demographic, Settings, and Challenges Unit Two Introduction Family life education is relevant across the lifespan. Family life educators need to be cognizant of the participants involved in their programs. Who is your program audience? Answering this question may include knowledge of the demographic data for your community, as well as learner backgrounds, needs, interests, and goals. The family life educator must also understand and take into account the role of culture, the characteristics of diverse groups of people, developmental stages and generations, family structure, class, race and ethnicity, and individuals or families with special needs. Family life education happens in numerous settings. In fact, the potential for family education venues is endless. The variety of settings in which family life education is offered creates both challenges and opportunities. Family life education needs to relate to people where they live, work, and spend their time. However, each setting has its own expectations and limitations that need to be recognized. Unit Two Outcomes Upon completion of this unit you should be able to: 1. Outline the needs of various family life education program audiences. 2. Characterize the demographic issues that impact family life education audiences. 3. Outline the various settings in which family life education can be delivered. 4. Characterize the challenges, expectations and limitations of various FLE settings. 5. Discuss trends, issues and challenges associated with understanding your family life education program audience. 6. Discuss trends, issues and challenges associated with understanding your family life education program settings. 7. Outline content, strengths & weaknesses of an online FLE program. 8. Review and rate the program for its usefulness. 9. Select a topic for the course project. 10. Select an audience for the course project. 11. Select a setting for the course project. 2.1 Text/Media Textbook: Family Life Education: Working with Families across the Life Span Media Link: Thats Not Cool https://www.thatsnotcool.com/ Media Link: Fireworks https://www.k-state.edu/wwparent/courses/fireworks/index.html Instructions 1. Read and reflect on Chapters 3 & 4 in Family Life Education: Working with Families across the Life Span. 2. Review the two media links: Thats Not Cool and Fireworks. Assignments 2.2 Threaded Discussion: Audience and Setting Instructions 1. Review Chapters 3 and 4 in the textbook. 2. For your initial post, please respond to the following questions: o How well do you fit the characteristics listed in Chapter 3 for your generational and ethnic group? o In which institution/organization would leaders be most responsive to offering family life education programs: faith-based institutions, businesses, schools, military, or communities? What are the reasons for your response?
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.