English novelist, Mary Shelley (1791-1851) was 20 years old when she wrote the famous novel Frankenstein (1820). It tells the story of an unorthodox young scientist who creates a grotesque creature by re-animating dead tissue. The novel was based on medical research that was being done on corpses in English medical schools and the time. For example, scientist Giovanni Aldini made many public attempts at human reanimation through bio-electric Galvanism. In both Mary Shelley’s gothic novel and Mel Brook’s movie Young Frankenstein (1974), Dr. Frankenstein (similar to Dr Knox in Edinburgh, 1829) is a scientist whose obsession with power and reanimation experiments take over his life. In the book, Victor Frankenstein is the main character and in the movie, his grandson, Fredrick Frankenstein, is the protagonist. Your task for the week it to watch Young Frankenstein, (118 minutes) summarize Frederick Frankensteins scientific research and scholarly output in 100wds and Rate the movie from 1 to 10 for historical accuracy. In your discussion posts defend your rating of the movie in the context of: 1) the hanging and body-snatching scenes, 2) the treatment of the body by law, medicine, and scientists, 3) the riot scenes, and 4) the fear the villagers had of elite science and medical experiments with the bodies of the dead. YF can be found in the library (PN1997.2 Y68 2006) or watch on any site including: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42-wQXBzVFY, etc.
- The Importance of Considering the Level of Protection Desired When Determining Spare Part Quantities
- The Impact of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/Electronic Commerce (EC) on Logistics and System Support
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.